December 22, 2017
May the Salesforce be with You! 14 CRM Lessons from Star Wars: The Last Jedi
At OpFocus, we’re big fans of Star Wars! Each year a new Star Wars movie comes out, our CEO David Carnes takes the team, Salesforce consultants, developers, basically everyone, to watch Star Wars on opening day — and now we’re hooked! Because we eat, sleep, and breathe Salesforce, we couldn’t help but notice the similarity between Star Wars: The Last Jedi and why people need a good CRM.
Sounds far fetched? Hang in there and scroll down to see for yourself!
Beware, there is the potential for spoilers of Star Wars: The Last Jedi! Proceed at your own risk! (All images below belong to their respective owners & creators, courtesy of Disney Pictures/Lucasfilms)
I see that you have decided to accept this mission on behalf of the Resistance. Then….
May the Salesforce be with you
1. Reporting: because you don’t want your sales reps spending time attacking the wrong targets
2. When you have a key Contact you can’t afford to lose
3. Teamwork: because you don’t want your salespeople operating solo
4. When you really need a secure system
5. When you need to keep track of where in the galaxy sales team is located
6. When you want to make sure your inside sales reps aren’t spending too much time with the wrong leads
7. You want to make sure your salespeople aren’t selling to competitors
8. Because when a team member leaves, you don’t want to lose all your institutional knowledge
9. Because you don’t want to enter a sales meeting with the wrong information
10. Because you want to back up your system to the cloud before something bad happens
11. Because you want customer service reps who will focus on helping you solve your problems
12. Because Everyone should be aware of the plan
13. Because you want to cut your competitor’s market share in half
14. Because you don’t want a salesperson to take credit for a sale they didn’t actually close
Because you need a cute mascot
Need help learning the light side of the Salesforce? The team at OpFocus is excited to help! Leave a comment below & let us know what you think!